Monday, May 3, 2010

GTE Day +5 – Love you GAPers!


Thank god for late checkout because I slept right through the normal 10am checkout time. I didn't wake up until 11:15. I gathered my things and went to checkout. While I was doing this, I was given a gift certificate for 1 free night. Really? Stay for 1 night and get a GC for another? Wow! You rock Krista Hotel! It was good for me or anyone else. I checked out and headed back to Bab's place to pack up my big pack. Justin and I were leaving at 8pm that evening but that meant we had to leave around 5:30 to get to the airport. We also were going to meet the rest of the remaining GAPers for one last lunch together at 1. We got our stuff together and met Andrew, Hannah, Elizabeth, Lydia, Amanda, and their friend Pippa (short for Philippa) for lunch. Milkshakes, smoothies, and awesome sandwiches. A great trip ending lunch. I had also brought with me the Krista Hotel gift certificate and in speaking Andrew, decided to give it to Hannah. She hadn't been feeling all that well and the hostel experience wasn't going great so Andrew said she was in need of a nice break. She was so happy when I gave her the gift certificate. She almost cried. It was sweet. I also had to buy 1 last present for Julia's birthday so after lunch Babs directed me to a few places to find some nice baby clothes. Then we headed back to her flat for the last time to get our stuff and wait for the cab. We said our sad goodbyes to Babs (but she's coming to the states in July) and headed off to Buenos Aires airport for the 18 hour total flight back to San Francisco.
But while we were at the airport, we met another American named Kim who was also flying through Houston so chalk up another friend met while traveling! I still think it's the best part about traveling… meeting truly amazing people from all over. The people I've met on this trip will be friends forever. We've already decided to meet up again in September in London for a reunion. I can't wait to see them all again! I love you guys! You are all amazing and thanks for making this trip unforgettable!

No comments:

Post a Comment