Thursday, April 29, 2010

GTE (Gap Tour Ends) Day +1 – Justin’s sick

I woke up today after having some strange dreams. I blame that on some cookies Barbara gave us last night that she said contained the same ingredient that's in LSD. They weren't illegal, they were store bought cookies in the package, but she said that whatever is in LSD is also in these cookies. My dreams really weren't strange in a weird way, but I did have a dream that I was on my way back to Rio de Janeiro. Ok, and so was Sam… Maybe that was more of a fantasy than a dream? Anyway, I got up on my own power which meant lying on my futon for a while. When I did get up, I heard Barbara walking around and I pulled out my earplugs just in time to hear her say "He isn't well". I asked if she meant Justin and she said his stomach wasn't well. Turns out he was up a few times during the night throwing up from something. All 3 of us ate the same dinner and Barbara and I were fine so we figured it had to be lunch. Again, Barbara and I had the same prosciutto and brie sandwich and were ok. Justin on the other hand, had a chicken sandwich and salad. We guessed it had to be the chicken. He was down for the count and spent most of the afternoon sleeping and running to the toilet to throw up. A few hours later I got a text from Andrew saying they were going to get together later that evening for Gary's last night. I sent him a text back telling him about Justin and he sent another back saying he and Hannah were in the same condition. They both had a vegetarian patty with salad. The common denominator for the 3? The salad. I told him I'd meet them later for Gary's farewell but Justin and Barbara were maybes. As the evening approached, Justin felt just good enough to join the group for 1 drink (water in his case). When we finally met up with the group, almost all of them were drinking water. Lydia and Amanda were actually on a 24 hour detox only drinking water. Quite the change from the hard drinking group from a day earlier. We stayed for an hour or so then said our goodbyes to Gary as well as coordinated with the others as to when we'd see them all again (hopefully Saturday). Andrew took a particular interest in the hammock that Barbara brought back yesterday and she and I hung this morning. He seems to fancy the idea of sitting in the hammock reading a book. Not a bad thought at all. I'm going to try to see some of the city tomorrow. There is an open top bus that tours the city for 70 pesos. It runs every half hour and you just get on, put on a set of headphones, and listen. It's a 2 and half hour tour that hits all of the major sights. You can also get off at any of the stops and just wait for the next bus if you want to walk around and see some of the sights up close. Sounds absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment